Monday, March 14, 2022

POLITICS: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMISSIONER RESIGN FROM GOV. EMMANUEL'S CABINET

 



Today, Monday, 14th March, 2022, I formally tendered my resignation from the Akwa lbom State Executive Council as the Commissioner for Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport. 


It was an honour and great privilege to serve our State under the leadership of Mr. Udom Emmanuel at such an important phase in our history. I am grateful to God almighty and His  Excellency, for giving me the opportunity to serve.


I also thank the good people of our dear state for their support and encouragement which motivated me in the discharge of all the tasks and assignments given to me, especially with regards to the envisioned three gateways (Land, Air and Sea) for the rapid development of our dear state and creation of job opportunities for our teeming and very  enterprising youths.


 Throughout the duration of my service, I strived diligently to interprete His Excellency's vision for our State as encapsulated in the Divine Mandate Agenda and Completion Agenda respectively.


 As the scripture admonishes "to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..." Eccl. 3:It is my deep conviction that this is the best time to take a leave in other to focus on my aspiration for the 2023 Governorship election.


 Once again, I thank His Excellency for the opportunity and wish our dear state the very best of growth and development

 Akan Okon.

No comments:

Post a Comment